UPDATED May 11th 3:00pm
Re-Opening Guidelines after COVID-19
After a long 7 weeks of treating only emergency patients, we are excited to announce that we have re-opened both our Harrisburg and Lemoyne locations to begin seeing all patients.
Due to COVID-19, we have implemented new safety protocols to keep our staff and patients safe. As we work though our new safety guidelines, we ask that you please be patient with our office as we are following both CDC and Pennsylvania Department of Health recommendations.
Please review this information before arriving for your appointment. These requirements will apply to all staff and patients entering the building until further notice.
Upon entering the facilities
- Complete paperwork online prior to your appointment. You can find our new patient paperwork on our website’s homepage. A staff member will let you know when scheduling your appointment if it is necessary for you to complete prior to arrival.
- You will be asked screening questions regarding your health and your exposure to COVID-19.
- We will have a staff member take your temperature, and any patients with a fever of 100.4 or greater will not be permitted to enter.
- Wear a facemask. Please wear a facemask to your appointment. If you do not have a facemask, one may be provided for you, if available. Do not remove your facemask at any time during your appointment, even in the exam room while alone.
- Please do not bring anybody with you into the building for appointment. Drivers may wait in their cars and will be contacted by the office at the end of your appointment, if necessary. For patients requiring an additional person for any health reasons, your guest will be required to pass the screening questions as well. Drivers may be contacted during the appointment via cell phone if necessary, for digesting information.
- Use hand sanitizer/wash hands. You will be asked to sanitize or wash your hands (sanitizer provided) before entering the office. There are also multiple places where sanitizer will be available throughout the building, feel free to use frequently during your appointment.
During your appointment
- Maintain a 6’ distance from all staff and other patients as much as possible. If you are asked to wait in the waiting room, please only sit in the designated chairs as this will keep you a safe distance from other patients. During your examination, please refrain from talking when the technician, doctor, or optician is close to your eyes.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth during your appointment to prevent cross contamination of germs. If our staff need to touch your face, please know we require sanitization of hands between all patients.
- Limit touching items around the office. Pens, clipboards, door handles, chairs, etc. will be sanitized frequently throughout the day. If you need to try on glasses in the optical area, please ask for help from our opticians. They will provide you with a sanitized tray to shop glasses. Any frames that you touch or try on will be sanitized thoroughly by our staff prior to be placed back on the board.
As for our staff, we are implementing extensive protocols to ensure safety as well. As we adjust to this new normal, we will always continue to do our best to protect one another during these times.
- We will be closed from 12-1 each day to allow for thorough office cleaning of all patient areas.
- Every staff member will be cleaning and sanitizing all equipment in the exam rooms after each patient.
- We have reviewed all hand washing and sanitizing techniques and will perform these practices several times a day and between each patient.
- We will be wearing protective masks at all times and eye protection is required by all staff with direct contact with patients.
- All staff will be screened with health questions and temperatures taken every day before entering the building.
We want to keep everyone safe, while returning to care for our patients. These measures were taken to ensure the safety of everyone who enters our building. As we receive further updates on the Covid-19 virus, we will continue to make changes necessary to keep everyone safe.
If you have any questions about these guidelines, or are ready to schedule your appointment, please call us at (717) 233-3937
Please reference the following sites for the most accurate information regarding COVID-19: